4 DAY, 3 NIGHT KRUGER SAFARI
The drive down to the park is scenic and crosses the Highveld and the Park’s southern gates in the afternoon. We enter via Malelane, Crocodile bridge or Paul Kruger depending on the camp booked for the first night.
After checking in we proceed to the park camp chalets and settle in.
There will be time to go on an evening drive before we return to our chalets for our first Bushveld braai supper under the stars. We turn in early to be fully rested for the early morning drive on day two.
We rise at 05:00am and have a light snack (cereal, yoghurt, fruit, rusks, juice, tea or coffee) Our morning game drive will take us into the bush of the iconic Kruger National Park, this is a 2,2 million hectare wilderness treasure, home to a huge variety of animal and plant species in many different habitats. Our drive sightings. We return to the park camp in the mid to late morning for a ‘Brunch’. After lunch, we will then pack and head off through the park to our next parks camp destination where we will book in and make dinner.
We rise at 05:00 and have a light snack ( cereal, yoghurt, fruit, rusks, tea or coffee), we head off again on a different route through the park showcasing other scenery within the park. We return to camp in the mid to late morning for a ‘Brunch’. The middle of the day is spent in camp relaxing, birdwatching or swimming. You will then do a open game vehicle sunset drive with one of the Kruger Park Rangers. (You can also opt for an early morning drive or bush walk)
This day we may either go for a shorter morning drive before returning to camp and checking out or we can rise early and leave directly and make our way out of the park through the reserve. We usually make this decision on the day. We will in any event leave the park by 13:00 in order to make it back to JHB in reasonable time. We may return via the Panorama route if we exit the park in good time and via Orpen or Phalaborwa gates. This is a scenic and dramatic route over the mountains and is steeped in the history.
OPTIONS: Camping, Chalets, Safari tents or Luxury Lodges are available on request
- This programme is an outline and subject to minor changes depending on actual animal sightings, conditions on the day etc.
- Meals are nutritious and simple, chicken and beef, salads, breads, rice or potatos etc. We have fruit and yoghurts and juices. We cook on an open fire but take along a gas cooked as well.
- All the Kruger camps have well provisioned shops and also restaurants. Afsaal and Tshokwane are two excellent picnic sites that cater to people wishing to take time out of their game drive to stretch their legs or eat a light meal or have coffee etc.
- The Chalet option includes accommodation in Parks Board Chalets which have en suite bathrooms, verandahs and air conditioning.
- The luxury option would be booked at one of several private camps in Kruger such as can be seen on our website Jock’s camp and in Sabie Sands - Arathusa Lodge.
- Also note that bookings in chalets or luxury camps are subject to availability on the dates requested. Camping bookings are generally easier to obtain but not during peak periods. Short notice bookings may not be possible or else we may use accommodation on the southern boundary outside the Park.
- Price on request includes all transportation, park entry fees, conservation fees, guide fees, accommodation, meals, and one afternoon/night drive. Mineral water and fruit juices but not alcohol or items of a personal nature souvenirs etc.
*Please note! There is malaria in the Kruger National Park! Please visit a travel clinic or Doctor before you leave your country